About Me

currently studying at UCP.

Monday 4 October 2010

VARK ANALYSIS

Reflection on the VARK analysis
Before completing the VARK questionnaire I always assumed that I was a very visual and hands on learner, as through school and college I was always more interested in graphs and diagrams rather that instructions and books, Hence my job choice.  
After completing the VARK questionnaire, it has proven to me that I am a visual learner; however I am bit surprised, as I am also suppose to be good  at learning through reading and writing. I believe this may be due to realising after starting my job as a maintenance technician that you can’t learn everything by just looking at it, and there is a need to research further in to something, if you want to learn how it works.
Unsurprisingly I am not very good at learning through aural methods. And I believe this has been the case all the way through my school and college life, this still happens today at work as I am no good when people tell me about something, as by the time I get to the job I would have already forgotten it as i didn’t pay enough attention when they where explaining. I think this may be partially due to my lack of self confidence, as I never like to ask questions at school or college as I believed it would make me look stupid in front of people that might already have known. Therefore, this maybe a skill that I need to work on in the future, so I can optimise on the way that I learn.

1 comment:

  1. Good reflection.It probably emphasises the importance of taking short notes in class for later reading, follow up and time saving etc.
    Good
    John

    ReplyDelete